Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feliz Navidad! Almost..

Thank you to everyone who has been involved in this ministry experience this fall. Thank you to those of you who are supporting me through prayer, financial gifts, and love from afar! If you haven't given a financial support gift, and are interested let me know otherwise your prayers are just as important! It has been such a fall for growth and stretching. Between the dangers we have faced in Juarez, personal challenges, and an overall need to learn to trust God as well as my own self.. phew.. it has been an emotional workout! I praise God for each and every one of you and I hope he is moving in your lives as he has in mine!!

GOD MOVES IN EVERY MINUTE!


I was reading this book today.. the Eldest.. and there is a paragraph that struck me pretty crazily.. it talks about how we should live in the present, while learning from and remembering the past.. but not to dwell on the problems of the future.. because the future does not exist. Only this moment, and this minute. The next minute will soon be now, and then quickly the past. Thats not a word for word quote but its how the paragraph hit me. I have been learning to change my time and "worry" orientation. God tells us to not worry about the future, but to also dream big. I am learning that dreaming and worrying don't mix. It is one thing to be proactive in your dreams, and plans, but to worry about problems that don't yet exist? Not worth it. That "bad worryful future" doesn't exist. This is something that was a huge God moment for me. Who said God can't speak through science fiction novels filled with dragons and elves!! hahah..

Thanks be to Jesus for showing me how to live in the here and now. Teach me to trust the plans you have for me, to prosper me and give me a hope and a future (jeremiah.. woot).

No comments: